Come in...

"A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside." ~ Denis Waitley
Hello and welcome to my blog.

Thank you for taking the time out to travel through life with me. I'm still trying to discover blogging. Right now I'm going to use this as a platform to air my random views. I invite you to share your valuable insights and concerns by clicking on 'comments'. It might be easier to comment if you have a gmail account or are a follower. I will try to update the blog weekly.


Wednesday, July 14, 2010

To Myo: The Straw that Finally Broke the Camel's Back

Hey guys...

Earlier today a friend I met over an online game asked me a random question. "Do you have a blog Una?" I almost couldn't catch my breath. How did she know that I've been considering blogging? It's been a while. I've toyed with the idea thinking that maybe in a few months from now when I have the time I'd do it. Yolisa had urged me to go for it. Xolelwa had challenged that I approach this task with abandon. You know, let myself loose so to speak. I soon came to understand that a goal based on when-I-have-time will just never be realised. So I decided to view a few blogs... Belonging to friends and then... Thinking of Myo's question earlier today... Filled with excitement and enthusiasm I clicked Create Blog and the rest is history.

Initially I wanted to create a travel blog... That is why I wanted to wait a few months. I wanted to visit a few places so that I can have things to write about and to share with you. But since I didn't wait, I've decided to see which way the wind blows and I will then edit my profile or description or whatever it is that needs editing later on...

Oh btw I like to put a lot of... in my writing... It's a bad habit and I can't seem to shake it off. So you will just have to live with it.

I'm not sure what to say now and in a creative writing class I took two years back they said it is okay to write that you are going thru a block. Hopefully something will come up before I get to the end of the page... Actually something just did...

I dedicate this very first post to Myo. May our friendship last till the next life to come :) I love all my friends and I just want the whole world to know that life is a lot more fun with enduring friendships...

Cheers :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!

    When you mentioned starting one i thought maybe its something that'll happen towards the end of the year - you know when things start to slow down esp. at work.

    Ndiyakuvuyela sisi and no dont worry we dont mind seeing a lot of ... (lol).

    looking foward to reading more arb stuff from you.

    Congrats!!! (from Xoli - dont know kutheni isithi ndingu coco nje...mnxm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha... lol... I have comments :) this feels really good guys... I'm sure with time there will be more serious things... but it will be fun most of the time okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. una..u make me cry..xoxoxo..thanks my friend.GB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess Myo I just needed to know that there are people who believe that I can do this thing. Having friends stand by you and watching your back makes a world of a difference...

    ReplyDelete