Come in...

"A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside." ~ Denis Waitley
Hello and welcome to my blog.

Thank you for taking the time out to travel through life with me. I'm still trying to discover blogging. Right now I'm going to use this as a platform to air my random views. I invite you to share your valuable insights and concerns by clicking on 'comments'. It might be easier to comment if you have a gmail account or are a follower. I will try to update the blog weekly.


Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Bruise Easily

Last night a mosquito kept on gunning for my face and I'm not sure how many times I whacked myself silly trying to shoo it away. I'm too nervous to check out my face in the mirror but I'm sure I am a picture of a classic domestic violence case... And all this is the result of unbelievably hot summer nights...

For the last few days it's been like hell's kitchen in Cape Town. My husband jokes and says that if he owned both Cape Town and Hell, he's rent out Cape Town and go live in Hell... Yup! That's how hot it is over here... In Xhosa, my mother tongue, we have a saying that loosely translates as "even fish can't stand the water on hot days like this". Now, if fish can't stand their traditionally cool environment, how am I at 9 weeks pregnant supposed to survive in a body with an Increased internal temperature...

I'm a walking furnace I tell you... I can't stand being in my own body on a cool day and now this... During the day I fan myself but it makes my husband cold at night. So off it goes at night. I fail to understand why he wants it off because his body temperature is sooo high! Yeah ladies, my husband's HOT :) And guess what! He gets all shy every time I tell him so... Isn't he just adorable :)

Okay, back to the topic at hand *clears throat*. I think I need to invest in some good foundation. Hiding the marks is going to be much easier than having to explain the self-inflicted wounds on my face.... Aaaaargh! Why does summer have to be soooo brutal!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment