Come in...

"A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside." ~ Denis Waitley
Hello and welcome to my blog.

Thank you for taking the time out to travel through life with me. I'm still trying to discover blogging. Right now I'm going to use this as a platform to air my random views. I invite you to share your valuable insights and concerns by clicking on 'comments'. It might be easier to comment if you have a gmail account or are a follower. I will try to update the blog weekly.


Thursday, March 31, 2011

The In-laws are Here

I was in tip top shape when I woke up this morning. After a good thirty minutes had lapsed I noticed the early warning signs of a looming headache. Doom just enveloped me. I hate headaches... Especially early morning ones. Chances are good that the headache will last a great part of the day. As I lay in bed watching my husband sleep I realised that this tension headaches was due to the in laws visiting for the weekend!

We have a do this weekend in honour of my late mother in law; a thoroughly wonderful person. So for the do to be successful, some in laws have or will be descending down to Cape Town for the weekend. It is sort of a last gathering to say farewell. I guess it's also a show of hope that everyone has accepted her death and will be able to move on from this point forward with some semblance of peace. Now I know you can't put a time frame on grief and that's not the point here either but rather the spirit of the whole event. I won't be lured off into a tangent now. We'll discuss death, grief and time in the future. In laws for now...

While I was still grappling with the headache, a tummy ache arrived to spur me on! Oh man... This is quickly becoming a bad day. I wondered... Why am I getting so sick? Why am I so stressed? I'm not sure what the answer is, however I'm sure it stems from not knowing each other well. Also, I'm never really sure what's expected of me. I hate being criticised without cause, especially if certain protocols weren't explained to me. And oh man, believe me when I say Xhosa culture is full of protocols... And I have a more western disposition. Add to that my dislike of contention. I'm not used to it. When I am confronted with conflict I usually take the altruistic approach. I sacrifice myself and play dead! Hahahahha true... I only get feisty with people who are exceptionally close to me. *wink wink*

So ja! That's my fate this weekend. I AM looking forward to one particular in law though; my sister :) She is after all my husband's in law hehehehehehe.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment