Come in...

"A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside." ~ Denis Waitley
Hello and welcome to my blog.

Thank you for taking the time out to travel through life with me. I'm still trying to discover blogging. Right now I'm going to use this as a platform to air my random views. I invite you to share your valuable insights and concerns by clicking on 'comments'. It might be easier to comment if you have a gmail account or are a follower. I will try to update the blog weekly.


Monday, March 14, 2011

I Know I Can!

Hmmmp... I'm suddenly lactose intolerant! Who would have guessed? Thanks be to my baby for all of these changes... Now I can't eat all my favourite things... No milk, ice-cream, mphokoqo (traditional dish), lasagne, mac and cheese, no bran flakes, no yogurt, no yogi-sip, no custard, no pudding! None of the things I really love to eat...

Dang! Being pregnant is no child's play... You know it took a while for me to realise my new condition... A few weeks actually. I'm really slow sometimes but then again, nobody has so many milk products in one go. So when it finally clicked I went into a little panic...

I mean... What am I going to eat now? I'm already having a horrible time trying to get the best possible healthy diet... But then it hit me, my baby is going to have brittle bones! Oh my :( he/she can't grow well to be big and strong without proper calcium supply! So about and hour or so ago I rushed to the pharmacy for calcium supplements.

I feel a little better now. However I've just realised that parenthood has already begun! It begins long before the baby is born. Everything I do, or fail to do will affect the baby. Whether the effects be adverse or good, I'm the one who decides... Aaaaah! PRESSURE! But you know what? I know I can...
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

1 comment: